I came across a post by a fellow blogger recently. It talked about a concept that was intriguing but scary all at the same time. With all this social media madness lately we are able to present our absolute best side whenever we want. We can go on Facebook on that one special day that we actually cooked a GOOD meal and say
I Cooked steak and mashed potatoes and carrots for supper, and even baked apple pie for desert
Then we slip back into our dull boring life and pretend that really is how every day goes. The next time we get a bust of energy and do the laundry, mow the lawn, teach our kids to a ride a bike, or whatever else we should be doing anyway, we always stop and tell the Facebook world about it. Online you would read our updates and think we are all rock stars!
So, to try and break free from the idea that everybody is perfect, this concept was presented that bloggers would make just one post about something they are scared to admit. You would not believe all the interesting things that my colleagues are blogging about! So, as I sit here wondering what my “one” secret should be, I think I will just go for a bullet list format instead.
- I spend more time on here than I like to admit. Some people make blogging sound so easy. fact is this is almost a full time job. Some people are making money with them, most people are not. I find myself putting in long hours trying to get fresh new content, and staying on top of everything. It gets hard and draining and it would be so much easier to just quit!
- My relationship with my wife is heavily strained. She has been watching our children tirelessly for the past 11 years and I am not much help around the house. I try to convince everyone its important that I get my “internet thing” going. Truth is, I know that I need to put more value on her and my kids, I just don’t. I have come dangerously close to losing her on a few occasions over the past number of years. We are no where near healed now, and we still struggle every day. In an effort to make her love me a little more I wrote her a poem today and printed it off, had our bed made and left it on her pillow to read. I am sure she loved it, and I am glad I was able to do something to make her feel better. I love my wife, and I cant imagine a world without her. But the reality is if something doesn’t change soon we will drift apart and be done.
- My kids are growing up too fast! I am so side tracked with everything else, and my oldest 2 are starting to be at the age where they wont want to do stuff with daddy any more. It breaks my heart to think of the time I have lost. But when I am with them I usually am thinking of other things I need to get done still and not enjoying the moments I should be
- I stress about money all the time and wish my money tree in the back yard would start bearing fruit soon!
- I am getting fat. I hate that my body is getting bigger and bigger. I still think I am not so bad, then I see pictures of myself from 1 day ago and wonder how come I look so big. I try to convince myself that its just the camera, but then I take pictures again and I can see a double or even triple chin start to come out. I need to lose weight but I am too lazy. I am sure lots of others have the same problem, but I didn’t want myself to be one of them.
I am sure there is more I could tell you. Maybe Ill start making a list for a part 2 and make this a monthly thing? I don’t know. Why don’t you take a minute and tell me what you are scared to admit below. You’ll feel better after you tell a bunch of internet strangers your secrets.
Anton English has spent over a decade building wealth through traditional and non traditional channels. He started his JOB (journey of the broke) working as a power engineer but quickly learned there were better options in the home based business market. He joined and participated in building several network marketing companies, as well as building a successful Ebay business grossing over $35,000 in only 90 days! Using his strategic coaching techniques he helps others seeking success in MLM to achieve their dreams.